Constipation (TMI) adult content

Ok this is TMI but i am 10 weeks almost 11 weeks pregnant right now and i am having SEVERE constipation. I can not go at all and when i try to go it hurts! Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you use to help with it. i have been taking fibor supplements but thats not helping :(. I tried to call my dr. but they are so busy today. I was put on hold twice and no one ever came back on the line. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• drink lots of prune juice, water, coffee get things going,, decaf is ok....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• there is a plum juice you can drink too that has TONS of fiber!! good luck- sorry i dont have any more suggestions...
    jesi817

Answer by jesi817 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• With my first I tried everything and there was nothing I could do. Some women just have it. But things you can try lot of water, prune juice(best is when you have it in the freezer for 20mins and then drink. It seems to taste better), fiber one bars, fiber cereals, lots of fruit. Stay way from caffeine. If you watch what you eat. You can also find out which foods make it worse or even better. Good luck, Have been there.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am 31 weeks pregnant and finally went to the store and bought an enemia. I know I know it really isnt something you want to do but it gave me so much relief. I wish you the best of luck!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• pears have lots of fiber too!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i had the same problem with all my pregnancies. what helped me was right away after waking up drinking either coffee or milk, depending on whether it was hot or cold in the house. my doctor told me that drinking something either hot or really cold would help and i found out it was the best advice i'd ever been given.
    mshodges87

Answer by mshodges87 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• colace its a stoll spftner safe to take while pregnant
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• also talk to dr about switching prenatel vitamin that can help too.
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010