Potty training. Late.

So my daughter is 2 and still haven't gotten this down pat yet. All she does is play w the potty and the toilet. She won't go on the potty at all. Is she not ready yet? Any tips? (I'd rather not reward her with food.)

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is not late. Wait a few months. I waited until my kids turned 3. They were completely trained in days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my son is turning 3 in Nov and he is JUST starting to not have accidents with pee - we are doing underpants training but no, she's not late...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• But when you are really ready to train her, take the diapers away completely and never go back. Except at night. Go right to undies. Take her every 1/2 hour or so to start. She'll feel when to go. Wait until you can spend at least 3 days at home without going out at all.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It is not late. Both my girls did not till after they were3 yrs. She does not sound ready. I would wait a few months and try again. Keep talking about the potty in a good way. Have her watch you go and tell her what you are doing. So she starts to understands it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son is 2 and we haven't attempted potty training yet. He's not really talking yet, and we decided to wait a bit longer to save both of us from the frustration!
    amdido355

Answer by amdido355 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Does she wake up in the morning dry?
    beckyloves

Answer by beckyloves at 3:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She is not late...the average age of potty training for girls is 36 months. My son potty trained himself at 3 years. He had it down within days.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010