how do i deal with my boss

i have 2 female bosses and they are sisters one has a daughter in college and the other one doesnt have any kids and isnt married. she critizes me sometimes about me being 18 settling down and having kids, but i dont think she understand how much fun kids can be. i have a 10 month old son an i just found out that i was pregnant again. im exicted about having another baby even though it maybe hard at times but i do i deal with her? i really like her but it bothers me and upsets me sometimes.

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• You shouldn't have to "deal" with her. What she thinks of your life choices personally doesn't matter, she still needs to be treating you with a professional demeanor. What do you do? Next time you see her walking through your work area, you simply say "Oh! Guess what?! I am pregnant!" And try to be as happy as you can be about it, and then continue on with your work.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• but she told me that the owner might fire me if he found out that is was pregnant which he cant do by law and i told her that i would sue him and i know things about him that could get him in trouble. so they shouldnt mess with a pregnant woman.
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Sounds like a bad situation all around. First off, you shouldn't make threats like telling her the fact that you "know things" about the owner. You are correct in the fact that they can't fire you due to your pregnancy, but a lot of companies will find a loophole and fire you for something totally unrelated. Which makes it totally legal.

If I were you, I would finish my work there, stay an employee through your maternity leave so you get paid, and as soon as that is done I would put in my notice and find a new job.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• well first off i dont think the company is gonna make it too mcuh longer, but im not the only one who knows the iileagal shit that goes on here.
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2008