would you let your child "Date" at a young age?

My daughter is 16 and she wasn't alloud to date until she reached this age. I wasn't alloud to either and i think i made better decisions because of it. What do you think?

mrsnikifrank

Asked by mrsnikifrank at 2:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you made a good decision to make her wait. I would just make sure to still be very involved; ask questions, be nosie.
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• 16 is a good age I think. Before that, group activities or chaperoned is good.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My children will be allowed to go on chaperoned dates as early as 13. I mean with mom or dad or just over for dinner. To teach dateing etiquette so to speak.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I probably won't let my girls date young.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That's something i do all the time and not just with the boy situation. She's very open with me and comes to me about everything. We are pals!
    mrsnikifrank

Comment by mrsnikifrank (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My boys will have to wait until they are older, a bit more mature, and when they have a job and can afford to date!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think it is good to wait! 16 is a great age, or maybe 13 with a double date with the parents lol..
    My first date i was SO YOUNG! (but i looked/acted alot older & dated older).. I was in elementary & we went to the movies together. at that age i was already making out & starting to go further..
    I grew up fast!
    But somehow I got lucky & can say I didnt get pregnant until I was 24 & I only had sex with 2 guys ... (wish the # was 1 though!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• To me 16 is the age to start dating. i wasn't allowed to start before then and I won't let my girls. Society is pushing kids to grow up too fast.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wasn't allowed to "date" until I was 16 either. I think that is reasonable.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think 16 is a good age!
    I wouldn't let my oldest go anywhere by herself with her boyfriend until she was 16. Before that, if she wanted to hang out with her boyfriend, I had to go with them or the boyfriend came to our house to hang out with her. Right now with my youngest is 14 and she will have the same thing her sister had. No special treatment for the baby of the family here!
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 4:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010