Our 2 year old daughter wants to sleep with us! Help!

Our little angel turns into the exorcist in the middle of the night and starts SCREAMING at the top of her lungs, so that we could take her out of her crib. The doctor told us to ignore her and let her cry. But, we find it impossible to do. She will cry for over an hour and she starts to cough and recently she even threw up! Neither one of us has the heart to just let her cry. We go to her room (which is right next to ours) to try to calm her down and the screaming gets more intense. It seems like nothing will calm her down...except to come to our bed. For a while she was sleeping in her crib through the night without any problems and now she's back to this. We have NO IDEA how to break her out of this habbit! We welcome any recommendations and if anyone has been through this please share. We just want to do whatever is BEST for her!

JenesisLee

Asked by JenesisLee at 2:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let her fall asleep in your bed and then move her. or you could just enjoy it because they become more independent so fast you'll be wishing she still wanted to cuddle. anyhow keep letting her fall asleep with you and moving her. everytime she wakes bring her to your bed and wait until she is asleep and move her back.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• To break her of this you need to stop giving in. She knows if she keeps doing it you will give in - and you do. It make take a week or more of hard nights, but eventually she'll learn that you aren't coming and going to take her into your room. If you keep with this she'll still want to be in your bed at 3 and 4 and 5........
    Anonymous

• With my daughter moving her to a bed helped at least for the frist 6 months, she has taken back up wandering into our room now that the new baby is here. But at least this way you can go in her room and lay with her to put her back to sleep instead of trying to move her which always waked Lilli up. I wish I knew how to keep her there all night if I figure it out I'll let you know, but I will say it makes potty training easier if they are alraedy use to getting out of bed.
    Mommy1029

Answer by Mommy1029 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008