Do you think this election is bringing the worst out of normally peaceful and loving people. Including hatred and racism on both sides?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I sure do .. I think that people are looking for the first african american president or the first female vice president. I feel that what we really need to ponder on is who is going to be right for our country.. and leave the race and sex out of it all.. great question!!
    luvsfrogs

Answer by luvsfrogs at 2:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• No...I think it's brings the worst out of normally hateful people. People are really showing their true colors.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think people feel very strongly either way. As humans we want people to see our side of things and this is causing alot of hate. If we all had hard facts (not opions, or twisted words) then we could maybe be civil. I for one want this section to become Q$A again, not opion polls. If everyone wants opinions you should use the poll section of CM and comment on your answers.
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 2:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Great answer gavrilmom.I think you summed it up very nicely.
    kanake

Answer by kanake at 3:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think people are scared. So many foreclosures, job loses, can't feed and cloth there children. I'd be mad to. Were all worried. I'm retired and have used almost every bit of savings on the cost of living rises in gas, food, medical, utilitys, Insurance. Not all show their anger the same way, but, I'm angry. I wouldn't run out there and scream and holler, but, I'd like to.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Thirty years ago, elections were still quite "loud" but not as rude... thirty years ago you didn't have parents getting into fist-fights because of an umpires call at a little league game either. We have become a society that can't see past the moment and thinks that "winning" is everything.
    Out of the last 6 Presidential elections, half of the "winners" won with less than 50% of the vote:
    1984 Reagan 58% 1988 Bush 53% 1992 Clinton 43% 1996 Clinton 49% 2000 Bush 48% 2004 Bush 50%
    Yet each one of them gets into office and makes some stupid statement about having a "clear mandate from the people to do ____". When 50% or more of the people voted for someone else, you do NOT have a clear mandate to do anything. You have a clear mandate to try to heal the country and pull the different groups back together. That never happens and it's not going to happen this time either.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Don't all elections do that?
    SuzyQsie63

Answer by SuzyQsie63 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I agree with Avasmommy, I don't think it's made anybody change into a hateful person, I think that's the way they always were. You can see that by the posts on this website. People are downright rude for no reason regardless if the question is about the election.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• They always say beauty is in the eye of the beholder....someone's definition of "hatred" and "racism" is also in the eye of the beholder. Hatred and racism does not exclude anyone!
    Anonymous

• So what you are saying is everyone is hatefull and racist in someway?
    I do not hate anyone and hold no preconcieved notions about anyone. I believe in info if you arm yourself with it and have the ability to put yourself in others shoes then you dont have "hatred" or "racism"
    Sorry I am such an optimistic but thats how I have happyness
    Anonymous