Beauty Consultant....avon....something similar...i need a WAH business!

I was an avon sales rep for about a year and wanted to get back into it since a horrible credit ruining divorce (i was actually sent to avon collections) can I get back into Avon after being sent to collections? IF NOT, what are some other companies that are similar that I could get into for VERY minimal start up costs? I LOVE selling cosmetics. Thank for any help!

MommieIsSexay

Asked by MommieIsSexay at 3:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• BeatiControl is a good one and I love their products.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would imagine that you would have to pay off that collection before it would even be a possibility.

Other than that, I have no suggestions but good luck! Most of the direct selling companies require some startup costs a little bit higher than Avon. I know that Pure Romance (the company I am with) has small kits but everything requires cost.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I went to a Mary Kay party a few weeks ago and I have to say, I was quite impressed.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am in direct sales w/ Gold Canyon Candles. Start up fee is $24.99 plus $10.00 for S&h. Best thing w/ this company is that you can earn that all back in just 30 days. They will credit you that amount plus give you $25.00 in free gold canyon product of your choice. Let me know if you would like more info!

Tiffany
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

This is what I do from home. I'm happy to help with details or questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• How about beauty from the inside out? www.welovejuiceplus.com Juice Plus is 17 different fruits and vegetables in a capsule or gummy. My skin looks better, my hair and nails grow like weeds, I lost weight and have so much more energy. $50 start up cost for your kit that has everything you need to get started making money. Really cool company to work with, $$$ bonues, nice caring people.
    let me know if I can help you with more info. Help others, help yourself...win/win.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 9:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree that you will have to pay off the debt first. I am with Ameriplan so not products for you but I do know that if someone owed a balance when they quit that it would have to be paid before being able to active again. That is probably pretty universal.

Good Luck :-)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 10:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Mary Kay is the only other cosmetic company that I know of.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010