13 yr.old hitting me

I posed a question about how to handle my 13 yr. old acting 20.But my biggest concern is WHAT EXACTLY SHOULD I DO WHEN SHE HITS ME? .......do I just stand there and let her??? I know the first response will be CALL THE COPS ..did that...and I am terrrified of social services. I have been told many times of the horror stories of getting them involved.I really want to hit her back sometimes!I love my girl sooo damn much,but when she comes at me and attacks me like a grown woman it is hard to know how to respond.So how do I handle it in the heat of the moment??..... oh and a little more insight into my situation in my other question " my 13 yr. old acting 20"

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I didn't get the opportunity to read your other question, but I will make sure to. I have a 10 1/2 year old boy. He has REALLY been trying me for like the past year. The other day, he wanted to use my cell to call his friend, which was fine.He took the phone and started walking in the living room where I had the baby sleeping.I put my hand on his shoulder and directed him toward the sunroom..I didnt say anything because he was already talking to the friend and I didnt want to wake the baby.That BOY, my SON, turned around so quick, looked at me with the devil in his eyes and pushed me!! I grabbed the phone from him, hung it up, grabbed him by his wrist, looked him dead in the eye and told him if he were to EVER put a finger on me like that again, I would knock his ass out.If its wrong to let my son know his boundaries, then social services can come on overI would never abuse my children..and I will NOT let them abuse me.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Get her to a psychiatrist. Not a family therapist but a psychiatrist. I know you know this in your heart, but maybe you need to see it in print. Her behavior is NOT normal 13 yr old behavior. hell... its not even normal 20 yr old behavior. Whatever issues she is having now, fix them now. Once she is no longer a minor, you won't be able to MAKE HER get help. You've got 5 years to help her learn to deal with whatver she is dealing with. Well actually you have less than that. If she goes off and hits someone else and they do involve the authorities, she may go down a very slipperly slope thru juvenile homes on the way to being charged as an adult for assult or worse.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would call social services. That's what they are there for and they can't revoke your rights or take her ways if she is not in harms way- which I am sure she isn't. They want to keep families together and yeah it can be hard to 'get out' for some people but you need to think about the positive side of it as well. This needs to be nipped in the bud before she is older and can do serious damage and possibly get herself in real trouble.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• counseling?
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i wouldnt call the cops. i would not involve the state with your child, they will take her and you will have no say it what happens and she will come out even worse.
    why does she hit?
    you should PM me, this sounds like me and my mom when i was 13.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• maybe tackle her down and hold her arms and legs ?? I don't know.. you can defend yourself without making marks by hitting her back -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Anger management for her?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i would not hit her back because she may get mad and call the police on you..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• if you hit her back they will call cys on you, and that may be what she is wanting. maybe she is wanting you to so that she gets taken to her father. she could just be acting like this to get his attention, or any attention. after all, they say that bad attention is better than no attention. this could be what she after. I dont grown any women that normally attack the ones they love. In the heat of the moment, I could see it being easy for you to hit back, that's the instinct, but I don't think it is the right one, and not because she is your daughter, but because you love her and don't want to lose her. In the situation I am not sure how to handle it myself, other than to get away from it. The cops wont take her away from you because you are bad mother but because she isn't being a good daughter.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Stop her hand from striking you. It is assault and if it's ok to hit you, who will be next? And sure, I know kids who have called CPS to report their parent for hitting them...and if a mark is left on the child....shit will fall down on your head.

I get some help in...you need to "Cesar up" (Cesar Millan) and get the child back on track
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010