Can McCain supporters say why they are voting for McCain without using Obama's name in the response?

Just wondering because when asked why McCain supporters are voting they always state somewhere in the response, "Because Obama...". Honestly, state one thing that you like about McCain's plans or policies and stop bashing Obama. You must be voting for him for something other than you just don't like Obama. Otherwise you need to educate yourself on both candidates.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought this question was already asked and then deleted, I thought the poster didn't like the fact McCain supporters could state why they liked their candidate without using Obama's name.
    Anonymous

• I believe in mcains stand on healthcare, foreign policy and energy. I trust his experience. that is why I am voting for him.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i am voting for McCain. not because i like his policies or anything about him, but rather to vote against Obama. i think a lot of people are just voting against Obama. thats why they say that...

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think mccain isn't really a candidate he's just there to tell you why you shouldn't vote for obama not really why you should vote for him. I like Obama because his view of the world and that he can change things. I like how he takes laws and puts more detail into them rather than having them black and white and full of loopholes
    MiaMcCarter

Answer by MiaMcCarter at 2:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I already voted for McCain, because I respect him and his policies. I think he is more than ready to run this country and his plans actually make sense.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have done this, several times. I rarely mention Obama when I describe my reasons for McCain.
    Anonymous

• McCain's policies and values are most consistent with what I believe. I believe he has the experience to run this country.
    Anonymous

• I have already answered this question at least 3 times on this site...
    1. I believe that I should be in control of where my Social Securities $$ are going. Does privatized social security work? , Yup even after Wall St currently. McCain wants people to have the choice to the same or pay in. SO, give ME my own investment account, at least this way I pay into it, I GET IT!!! If I make a bad choice with my investment, I can live with it.. If there is none left because it is in the Govt's hands, then I am NOT happy…
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• 2. I believe a one year government spending freeze for non military and non defense is a great way to help balance the budget. I understand that poorer states use earmarks as a way to get money for their states, but it is time to make cuts and MAKE change!
    3. I believe ear marked pork spending should be recovered.
    a. Out of the two Presidential Candidates: Who has approved the most earmarked spending? (I can't say his name on this post..)
    b. Who has rejected earmark requests? Senator McCain
    (cont)
    grlygrlz2

• 4. Large corporations SHOULD get a tax break. They keep their costs low, and we won't pay nearly as much for goods and services. Look at Europe. Goods and Svc are a LOT mor $$$
    ESPECIALLY, If they agree to use their "break" for employees initiatives and issues ~then they hire more, spend more and the economy works! They create the jobs, keep the jobs. The less we tax them them, hopefully the more they will employ…
    (cont)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008