My younger sister does not like me...

She makes faces behind my back, and asks to stay at my house for a free place to stay so she can see a concert.
Yet, I have done whatever I could to make her feel comfortable while she was here.
So I just told her that she could not stay here because I was traveling that weekend.
Her excuse is because she is 9 years younger than I am and she does not know me that well.
She is one of those 24 year olds still using punky color and can't figure out why she can't get a job.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 3:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My sister and I are really different and therefore don't relate to each other very well, but that seems a little extreme. My sister says things that are really rude to me and my mom has even talked to me about it afterwords, but she really has no clue how hurtful she can be. I'm not saying that is the case with your sister because I dont' know, but maybe try talking to her about the issues you have and see if she's receptive to working on your relationship. If not, do what you're willing to do, and let her be upset if she feels its wrong and try your best to ignore her immature behavior towards you. Easier said then done I know, but I hurts you more than it hurts her if you get all upset about it. Figure out your bounderies with her and stick to them no matter what she says.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• well i can't stand my older sister but not for petty crap like that...she's the immature one at 32, not me at 27 just ignore her bullcrap until she wants to grow up and act like an adult
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• ugh, why waste the effort trying for a relationship with someone doing that to you, sister or not??!~~~~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• well my sister is 11 years older then me and she hated me from the time i was born till i was 16 and my mom died and i had to take care of her and her 9year kid we all lived together and were very close to my mom,we still fight sometimes but shes there for me when i need her and like wise but i do know if my mom never died we would never see or talk to eachother other then holidays. maybe the best thing for you two is to not see or talk that much if she cant be a grown up then let her be
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 3:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• While my Mom called me and said she was going to pay for a hotel for my sister and I would not have to worry about that.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010