Is it wrong for my 5 year old to have a t.v. in his room?

cbearsgirl

Asked by cbearsgirl at 3:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine had one...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't think so. My kids have it. Just be aware of what and when they are watching.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• nope. i dont see anything wrong with TVs. we all have TV's in our rooms.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I dont think so.. My kids are 5 & 3 and they have a tv in their room
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes. Studies have shown that having a tv in your room disrupts your sleep cycles whether its on or not.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 3:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I do but I didn't get a tv in my room until I was old enough to buy one... My parents had one in their room I felt it unfair growing up but once I got older I really didn't care, I really am only in my room anymore to sleep...

My nephew (now 7) has had one for about 3 years and he never turns it off...
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We have one in her room, but it is not hooked up for tv. It is only used for kids DVDs with our permission. And only maybe once or twice a week.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't see a need for it - no one in my family has a TV in their bedroom and we seem to survive okay. Too much television isn't good for kids - why would you want to provide more access to TV?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Personally we do not have TV in the kiddos bedrooms..
    to each their own :) ... TV in bedrooms is not child abuse.. its just not for every family..

If you enjoy reading ... get .. "Into the mind of babes"... changed my views on TV totally! Not only will my kid not have a tv in her room, but we dont have tvs "just on" during the day..and tv time is very limited to certain shows.. TV is not a must for our kids at all.. and its not educationally needed.. :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• no, i don't think its wrong as long as you have limitations on it. let him know who's in control of the tv and set times when he can watch it. we started unplugging her tv at night when she learned how to turn it on(you just have to do it when they dont see you and catch on to it).
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 3:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010