What would you do if you heard your cousin's 3 yr old cuss in front of your kid?

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell the parent.. but if you are close to this cousin, I see no problem in telling the child that it is not nice to say those bad words.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nothing. It's his parents fault he cusses and mine knows not to cuss just because someone else does.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• What can you do? The child does not even know what he or she is saying.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Bring it up with my kids (later, out of earshot) that I am glad they know not to use those words.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i'm not close to my cousins at all so i would just talk to my child about it later on.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• well, it seemed like he knew what he was saying because he used it at the right moment LOL. mine knows not to cuss, but when the 3 yr old keeps saying it over and over and in front of other people too... that's embarrassing to me
    jolee0222

Comment by jolee0222 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yeah, but, you are not his parent...they should be ashamed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My daughter just recently turned 3 and right before her birthday she picked up on one of my words damn it. She was saying at the right times too. I was embarresed when she said this infront of people and did my best to stop her EVERY time she said it. If some one asked I would tell them the truth. (Usually they would hear her and I wouldn't and they would tell me they thought she just said it) It was embarassing but I took it in stride and kindly let them know I was working on getting her to stop. After almost a month she no longer said it!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 3:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• true. i told her about it and she just laughed.
    jolee0222

Comment by jolee0222 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would laugh and tell my cousin.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010