spending all the money.

I am a stay at home mom so my husband brings in the earnings. Everytime I check our bank account he's spending it on food for his friends or games for his xbox. Some months we have to skip bills cause we can't afford to pay them. Should I tell him he needs to stop and monitor what he's spending?

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• set up a budget..look up Dave Ramsey. You guys should have a budget and set aside a certain amount of cash he gets each week or pay period that he can blow as he wishes. Decide where your money is going at the beginning of the month..dont try to figure out where it went at the end of the month. You both need to be on the same page with finances.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• ya. you need to set up a budget and stick to it. write it down that way he knows how much there is to spend.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Budget. Don't forget to budget in some fun money for him if you can fit it in the budget. When the fun money is gone, it's gone.
    Consider cash-only spending.
    I agree with the PP's post about Dave Ramsey.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 4:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yeah, its time for hubby to get his priorities straight
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010