Ask hubby to do a better job getting the food off the dishes, or just be thankful for his help and rewash the ones that need it?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 3:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask him to do a better job. I have heard the argument that you should just be happy for the help, but I completely disagree with it. I think that if we are teaching our children to do their best and expect them to do their best that we have to hold ourselves to that standard too. That includes our husbands as much as they may balk at the idea of it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Set the table being sure to give him the dishes with things on them.
    Don't ignore it. He could be doing it on purpose.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would WANT to just not mention it,be grateful for the help, just rewash and let it be. But me being ME...I would go get him and show him,LOL. He shows me if I've missed a spot.
    Theres other things that I just suck up and not say anything about though...unless I'm being moody and feel like nagging, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's how you say it. I would say something like "I love when you help me with the dishes, it's such a big help! Thanks for putting your muscle into it too, I read this awful article on salmonella. It's going to give me nightmares! We have to be sure to get the dishes squeaky clean, especially while the kids are little." Now every time he does the dishes he will feel like a superhero performing his duties! :)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my hubby does alot around the house but i don't feel guilty about saying hey baby our dishwasher isn't all that great - i've noticed that the smoothie glasses don't come out clean unless they're well rinsed. does the trick without pointing fingers - we both drink smoothies...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i am all the time asking my husband to clean his dishes better and it doesnt make a difference on that end. but i have to say he is very helpful in doing the actual dishes so i cant complain too much.
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 3:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I tell my DH to try again.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 3:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'd mention it. It would be a good idea if you are there drying the dishes or cleaning the kitchen while he is washing them- companionship and all that- but you'll have a better chance of noticing that they aren't clean. My aunt used to tell me when she was washing dishes and my uncle drying them that he'd tell her that he'd rather not wash them and dry them at the same time, when she left food on them.

Answer by Bmat at 3:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i would ask him to do a better job next time. nicely.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Mine dumps them back in the sink when i miss a spot so I return the favor. Stuff isn't missed very often, but it happens.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010