When are sign ups? How do I find out!?

I never did any sports so im clueless about this stuff..
My dd is almost 4 & Id like to get her into something. but we always miss the deadlines for signs ups because we dont know about them!

Is there a general rule that signs up for baseball are "this month" and gymnastics is "this month".. and so on..

Its frustrating! Im even having a hard time finding out how to GET INTO stuff-website/phone number.. (unless we join the YMCA).

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• They just had soccer sign ups where we are. (TX) Softball comes in the early spring I believe. Gymnastics is like dance and is year round with ongoing classes for the most part but it depends on where you go. They may have so many weeks of classes and then you have to sign up again.
    Our city sponsors a lot of classes too. Check and see if your city has a website. If they do the info should be there.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Depends on where you are going to apply.. There is a deadline for my boys' baseball team but there are no deadlines for their soccer team.. Anyone can join anytime. Ask your local teams/gyms etc..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Call around, keep an eye on the local paper and news station.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 4:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Check with your local rec centers.
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 4:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010