• In the Spotlight:

I own a business and am looking for the best way to do a website. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

My best friend and I own a bowtique and have a myspace page. But we are looking into doing a website. I want to easly be able to customize it to our needs but dont know much about htmls or anything. I just really am at a lose here. Can anyone point me in direction I need to go?

Bella0614

Asked by Bella0614 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• www.freewebs.com
    I am a daycare provider and a lot of us have done this. It's really easy and pretty fun! Plus, you can change it whenever you want. You can look at my homepage and there's a link to mine.
    **I think you can pay a small fee to get your own link and not have the freewebs part on there, but I don't care so I left it.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I use synthasite.com. Everything you need to get started is included, at no cost to you, even an editor.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I am a web designer and work for a top 5 design company in Houston.

No I'm not trying to sell my services, just like to brag. I work really hard. :)

Find a college kid or freelancer just starting out who wants to build up their portfolio. You will get a better design and a much more solid site than doing it yourself.

If you want, email me and I'll send you some links that can get you started.

mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 9:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I am currently having my website redone by a professional. I think it is a wise choice. She is using wordpress to build the site, that way I will have complete control over the site to add content, photos, videos, etc. I can also add as many pages as I like. She is really good and reasonable. If you wish you can contact her through her website at http://www.pyfo.ca Her name is Natalie.
    GeorgeeLow

Answer by GeorgeeLow at 9:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• synthiasite.com is a little harder to use than freewebs.com. I personally use freewebs.com and even for $11 to start off with. That $11 gives you your own domain, hosting, support, and website builder that's almost a breeze!
    You can look at my site to see if you'd like to have a site similar, as you can design it anyway you want it. You can even use your own pictures for a layout on the background and you can also use myspace backgrounds on them as well. You just have to post the html code into the pages, each one...normally at the bottom so that it doesn't get in the middle of everything else and you can navigate around it.
    If you have any questions. Feel free to ask away. I'm here most of the time due to insomnia.

Lia
    lia7704

Answer by lia7704 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008