When is a baby shower usually thrown? And would you do it sonner with twins?

mz.mommi2b

Asked by mz.mommi2b at 4:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sure when they are normally done but I had twins and they were 6 weeks early so I would go for a little earlier than normal. I would suggest doing it at like 5 or 6 months that way you hopefully aren't too huge and uncomfortable and will have a little energy to organize your gifts. LOL. Good luck twins are awesome!!!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think they are usually done in the 7th or 8th month, but shoot for 6 or 7 months at the latest with twins. I had mine between 6.5 and 7 months, and I don't think I would have been able to enjoy it if it had happened much later.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• They are usually done between 32 wks and the end. I would shoot for around 28 or 30 wks so that you can get things organized b/c twins don't exactly come on schedule--well no baby does. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• the only reason to wait would be if you wanted to know the babies' gender first... anytime after that is fine... you don't want to wait too long if you are counting on the shower for necessary items like car seats, etc...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• thanx everyone
    mz.mommi2b

Comment by mz.mommi2b (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• With my last, I was due in Febuary and had her shower in January. We may have had it in December if it werent for the Christmas holiday. So, I think around 7-8 months of pregnancy is a good time to have a shower.
    For twins..yes, I would have it sooner for sure..maybe at 6 months, or early in the 7th month.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Apparently they have em somewhere in the 8th month but I had mine at 30 weeks because it is when DB's family could attend... {eyeroll}
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• For us it's always after the baby is born. My mother refuses to even attend a shower held before the birth and many people around here are beginning to do the same thing. It's just to hard to go through returning gifts and what not if you suffer a loss.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• For twins i would do earlier. Both my kids baby showers were done when i was about 9 months pregnant. 3 weeks before my due date.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 4:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010