My husband wants a divorce moved out today, but I don't want this at all What should I do?

shsutterfield

Asked by shsutterfield at 4:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Give it some time. After a few days or a week or so give him a call, ask him if he'd like to talk about things. Take baby steps. Good Luck..I hope it works out the best for you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am so sorry that this happend to you but sadly it only takes one person to end a relationship and it doesn't matter what the other person wants.

You can wait a few days until he's had time to cool off and see what it's like being alone and then ask if he would be willing to try marriage counseling but if he's set on this then I'm sorry but you will have to figure out a way to move on without him.

Do you have a job and a way to care for your children?

If not THAT is your first priority. Figure out how to stand on your own two feet. It's going to be hard but your not the first woman to go through so know that there are PLENTY of women out there that are willing to lend a shoulder to cry on if you need it and some friendly advise.

If you have family around get them to help you through this both physically and emotionally. And remember that NO MATTER WHAT you are an important person and YOU DESERVE THE BEST!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Did you talk to him and ask the reason why?
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• one of the hardest things a person can go through is unrequited love. it may be hard to accept but if he doesn't want to be with you then you can't make him stay. you will get through this
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think the only thing you can do is talk to him about it. Let him know how you feel and find out what it is exactly that he is feeling or thinking. If he really does want out then there isn't much to do, I'm sorry this is happening. GL
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's so hard. My ex husband left me and I did not want a divorce, but I got to the point that it was the better option tian letting him keep treating me like crap. Good luck, remember you are important and wonderful no matter what happens. I think that the advice to give him a few days a approach him to see if he will reconsider is a good idea. I hope things work out for you. And focusing on getting a job and figuring out how to support yourself and your kids can be a good distraction because it can take your focus away from everything else.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Did he say why? Will he agree to counseling? If not, you should go w/out him, b/c you will need the advice & support of a professional to help you thru this. I hope things work out for you, if not you have my sympathies. Good luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am really sorry, but would you really want him to stay and be unhappy. If you love him, then his happiness comes first even if that means a divorce.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 4:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010