How can I go about teaching my daughter not to touch her tutu?

Her doctor says its normal but it drives me nuts because she constantly touches it. I just tell her not to touch her tutu because it will get sick.

Vannahj5

Asked by Vannahj5 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• god you guys are rude. did you notice the little girls in the pic with the boys and dh/so? maybe its a step daughter? dont tell her its bad just tell her if she muct touch it she needs to be in private.....her room or the bathroom.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• "tutu"....Hahahahahaha. What a stupendously ridiculous name for a VAGINA!!!!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I call TROLL. Her cafemom profile says she has two boys, not a girl.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Damn you riotgrrl. You beat me to it!!!!!!! LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would just tell her to go to the bathroom bc it is rude to do it in public...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• So you prefer to lie to your child than let nature run it's course? Seriously?

We just tell our children if you're going to touch that, you need to wait til you're alone and we have them go to their room and close the door... It's very natural and nothing is wrong with it... It won't make her sick or harm her in any way. The only thing wrong here is your insecurity...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't tell her that. I would however, I did tell mine that I didn't want to see it and to do that behind closed doors. I tried to let them know that it's ok, but not infront of others. If just telling them that doesn't work, then you need to give her a consequence for essientially getting caught.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 4:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• So, which one is touching: Joseph, Timmerson or soon to be Caliyx? Only one that is a girl is the SOON TO BE one. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have a almost 3 yr old girl that should be posted to my profile.. I definetly need to check that out though. I dont know to many people who teach their child to call her privates a vagina at this age and it seems kind of trashy. That whats wrong with todays society is people thinking their children need to know everything about anatomy at early ages.
    Vannahj5

Comment by Vannahj5 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• To those that offered a true answer thanks....her doctor says the same justnot use to baby girls:)
    Vannahj5

Comment by Vannahj5 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010