migraine??HELP!!!!!

my ob gave me some meds for it and it worked for a while but now its not doing anything! i am dying right now! any ideas on how to make this migraine go away?!?!?!

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 4:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ok, this may sound a little crazy but I've been told by a dr. that if you pull on your hair in the place of the headache it releases the blood pressure which releases some of the tension, its worked for me so I'd try it you never know.
    shsutterfield

Answer by shsutterfield at 4:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• try laying in a dark room with an ice pack on the back of you neck and on your forehead as well. that worked for me for years so that i didn't have to take meds but now i get them so bad that i have to take midrin. Try the ice
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 4:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I recommend a chiropractor.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my insurance doesnt cover a chiropractor without a referal from my family physician and he says i dont need one.
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Go lie down in a dark room and go sleep. Have you been able to keep anything down? Try drinking some ginger tea or sipping some soup broth. Be sure you aren't eating anything with MSG in it. The best thing you can do is sleep. If you can't relax, take a warm bath first. If you still can't kick it, call your doctor again. Migraines are the worst, I sure hope you feel better soon!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my mom and I get them alot. I just had my baby, so I have some of my pain pills from that that help me, but my mom saw a doctor about it and they tried some medicine and when it didn't work they gave her shots. If the medicine doesn't help those shots will! I would say see a doctor and go from there. Until then, take it easy try to sleep and drink a lot of water. Hang in there I know what they feel like!
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 4:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sorry you Dr will not do that and says you don't need one. I would call and see if insurance will. No never know. They cold have changed or might for you.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Try a dentist. If they find an infection i could be causing your migranes. I went on living life for almost 2 yrs with migranes. I would wake up every morning just waiting for it to kick in and put me back in bed...little did i know it was from a tooth. ONE TOOTH! i went to like 4 doctors! only to find out i needed a dentist!
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 4:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010