Friend recently out of the hospital with 2month old baby. Need ideas!!!

A friend of mine was just recently released from the hospital with a broken arm and leg after a horrible accident. Her 2 month old also came home with a broken femur. She's staying with her brother who is gone a lot, she has family to help her but a few friends and I want to help out too.

A few of us are going to make casseroles to take to her so her family can just heat them up. Another friend is going to write out a "gift certificate" so that she can pick a date for a girls night in with pizzas and a movie.

I need help from all of you Chickas for more homemade "gift certificate" ideas!

mookie_840

Asked by mookie_840 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• babysitting, "spa" time at home, make overs (done by each other of course), Anything that she might need done that she doesn't have enough help with.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 4:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Maid Services
    Laundry services
    "Grooming" she will probably need help shaving her pits and legs.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 4:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• what about gift certs for general cleaning, laundry, running errands (like to pick up needed items like diapers, groceries), babysitting, or just 'coffee and chat' time-- as she may feel a bit down and lonely being injured and alone during the day.
    I think it is nice that you are wanting to help your friend! I hope she and her little one heal up and feel better soon!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That is so sad! Did they get into a wreck? Poor baby and mommy! Oh my goodness!

Definately like the idea of the maid and laundry services!

Maybe some coupons for footrubs or pedicures at the local nail salon, to have a girls night like if you were teens and paint each others nails and such, movie night and she gets to pick the movie, run errands for her or take her places to get out o f the house.

Good luck!

I hope they get better soon!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Hmm. Have one for "free cupcakes" or "free donuts"...when I'm down sweets always seem to make it a little better. =) Maybe a fun day out for her kids. It doesn't sound like she'll be up to doing too much for them. Also, a sleepover at your house for the kids.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes it was a car accident, they're both lucky to be alive...Thank you ladies for all of your ideas!!! Keep em coming!!!
    mookie_840

Comment by mookie_840 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Just a little FYI : She only has one child and she's only 2mos old so the sleepover or babysitting I'm not real comfortable with since she has the broken leg, I don't know that momma would be real comfortable with that one either!
    mookie_840

Comment by mookie_840 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Gift certificate ideas:
    DO laundry for a few days, or share with someone.
    Do diaper/grocery runs.
    Make sure they have plenty of fruits and veggies, especially if she was/is breast feeding.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 8:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• me... i would just go over there and spend time with her... it will be apparent if there are additional needs, but keeping someone from lonlieness is huge.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2010