I just purchased those foot detox pads from Walgreens. Has anyone heard of these or tried them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• honestly I think that the sweat that collects between your foot and the pad is what turns it that nasty brown color....but I never tried them. They sounded like a scam to me. Have you tried them yet?
    MollyDB

Answer by MollyDB at 11:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• The chemical reaction between your sweat/body heat, and the ingredients in the pad is what changes the color of the pads. These pads are pretty much a scam. Adding a few glasses of water, some fiber and fresh veggies, and a little vigorous exercise a few times a week works best if you are worried about cleaning out your body.
    templeghost

Answer by templeghost at 11:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• let us know how they work
    grandchildren11

Answer by grandchildren11 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• One of our local tv stations tried them on some people during a "try it before you buy it" segment. Everyone agreed they would NOT buy them. They felt no different after using them for a month or so. Then they tried just putting a little water on the pads and sure enough they had the brown marks on them as they did when the people wore them all night. I think they are a scam.
    momwillandturn

Answer by momwillandturn at 3:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I always wondered if those pads worked. I would really love to know if they do. I was thinking about buying them.
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I agree after trying them, that they do not work... It's true the best way to detox the body is through good diet and exercise. Thank you for the feedback on this, I had a feeling it was a scam, I guess I had to see for myself. I don't feel better or worse from them...
    rylarosewood

Answer by rylarosewood at 9:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I heard thier actually a HOAX, they really dont work. my feet always hurt due to some nerve damage, I wanted to call the AS SEEN ON TV, Kinoki Foot Pads and when I called the sales lady really this is no joke told me not to waste my money , that they didnt work. so I didnt buy.
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2008