Milk

When do you stop giving your child full bottles (or cups) of Milk, and let them just drink when they are thirsty? My son has 3 bottles a day of 7 oz. and i was just wondering when he can just go to drinking when he's thirsty like we do when we are older

ClvDandJ

Asked by ClvDandJ at 2:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my boys turned 1 years, I switched to a sippy cup for both milk and juice/water. I kept a cup of juice/water on the table for them most of the time so they could get it when they wanted. (I didn't want them running around with a cup) As for milk ~ I just started giving that to them at meal times. Now that my boys are 5 and 3, I just wait until they ask for a drink rather than have one sit out all the time.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 2:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• He gets full bottles at daycare and at home all the time... I think he does get thristy and it really fills him up... Jesse will be one on the 31st and iv been giving him a bottle for over 7m now...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• They will let you know. my daughter never finished a bottle once she was on solid foods. she'd take the sippy cup and drink some then throw it when she was done. The she'd get fussy and point to my cup if she was ready for another drink. don't worry, you'll kid will let you know. And he'll natrually stop drinking when he's not thirsty too.
    Anonymous