Is the christian religion dying off?

I saw a question last week about races dying off...whites, blacks, hispanics..i guess from everyone blending and people saying there will eventually only be mixed and there wont be anything else...on with my question though...it got me thinking about religion. does anyone ever wonder if christianity will die off? I believe some religions have..such as paganism..and is making a come back. Do you think it will or do you think people are finding different religious paths and christianity is just becoming less popular..atleast within the US?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i certainly hope so. its a religion based of of restrictions, manipulation, mind control, intolerance, and lies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't say "dying off" but I would say fazing out. Religious groups and beliefs tend to do this... When they are founded, they are founded out of a need or a want because the common beliefs of those days have become twisted and corrupted by greed and power hungry leaders... 1000, 2000, 3000 years later we see the same corruption happening to these "new" belief systems and again, people need a change. I think people today are to a point where the idea of organized religion is becoming fazed out all together. Even Christians today, are loosing the need for Religion, and are looking for a one on one relationship with their higher power... I feel we are fazing out RELIGION as a whole and more Spiritual ways of life are becoming more popular. Will Christianity ever NOT exist? I don't think so, as with any other religion or belief, it will bend, and change and alter to the growing and changing needs of those who follow it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you look at Druidism for example. If you talk to many historians the Druid Religion died out 1500+ years ago. However, if you talk to present day Druids they are proof that it didn't die out, it simply altered. It remained in one form or another as a part of culture and history, and even as a form of religious belief - although it was usually integrated in to more accepted Christian beliefs - it didn't die. Today, these beliefs have been reborn, because it's once again time for them to be needed, refounded and celebrated. However, Druids today aren't identical to Druids then... They can't be. Point is, as civilization progresses, changes and grows, so do the religious beliefs and practices... They never die, they just change...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Number of Christians Worldwide:
    Christianity is ranked as the largest religion in the world today with approximately 2 billion adherents.

I would say...no
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 4:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nope.

"Faith Comes By Hearing has been at the forefront of this movement, working tirelessly to compile the largest catalog of Audio Bibles in the world with ongoing translations being worked on as we speak. Thanks to these efforts, listeners from around the world can now hear the Scriptures in pristine digital recordings in 479 languages. This technology allows us to have Audio Bible listening programs in 154 countries. Children and villagers who have not learned to read can follow along and begin learning written words. Audio Bible downloads provide global access to this collection of Bible translations, and make it possible to let the Word of God pour out to the people of every culture, in languages they can understand."

http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If it does, it will be a long, long time from now.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't believe so, no. Its still going strong.

The face of Christianity may change or evolve over time, but I believe Christianity is here to stay, for at least a (very) good while longer.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• A 2001 survey directed by Dr. Ariela Keysar for the City University of New York indicated that, amongst the more than 100 categories of response, "no religious identification" had the greatest increase in population in both absolute and percentage terms. This category included atheists, agnostics, humanists, deists, and others with no theistic religious beliefs or practices. Figures are up from 14.3 million in 1990 to 34.2 million in 2008, representing a proportionate increase from 8% of the total in 1990 to 15% in 2008.[3] Another nation-wide study puts the figure of unaffiliated persons at 16.1%.[19]
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Not where I live.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Not where I live either. World wide, I would say no, it is increasing.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010