recently out of diapers . . .

about two months ago, i took diapers away. my dd has done incredibly well. a week after taking them away and she no longer needed them during the day. i kept one on at night for over a month, just in case, but she wasn't wetting them so we recenlty stopped that. my question is, what do you do when you are out somewhere like a park or playground, and your child has to pee? i always potty her before we do any activity, and frequent intervals throughout an actitvity, but some times she will have to go and the potty is far away, and so there are times we wouldn't make it to the potty in time. she is great about getting to the potty in time when we are home, but even with my diligence, she sometimes tells me when she is on the verge of going. do you let them pee outside? i have let her go outside, out of the view of others, but my parents think it's wrong. she is only 26 months old. what do you do? any other suggestions?

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let mine go outside and hid him from view. No need to back track and put on diapers or the like. She is still a baby. She can pee outside because she can't hold it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would just carry a potty in the trunk of the car (along with plastic baggies unless she doo doos, baby wipes, and water to rinse it with) Plus pack a ton of extra clothes.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• When we first moved to panties I put them in pull ups when we went to the park and stuff just in case. But as soon as we were home it was back to panties. I have a friend that carried a little potty with her in the car to use in emergencies.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sometimes you don't have a choice but to let them go outside. Make sure to explain thats its only in case of emergency when this happens
    cbearsgirl

Answer by cbearsgirl at 5:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I purchased a portable travel potty and keep it in the car when we go to the park or playground.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• thanks for the suggestions so far, ladies. i do bring wipes, and the potty for the car, and i do pack a TON of clothing and underwear, just in case :) i figured it didn't matter that i let her go outside, since she is still young. i was wondering if anyone else does this as my parents think it's weird.

kyriesmommy13

Comment by kyriesmommy13 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010