how can i get organized

my life is so disorganzed that it feals its falling to peices. i feel lazy and scared and want so desperately to change but i dont know how. most people tell me to just get up and do it differently but thats hard for me. i dont know where to start, whats most important and what i can let wait. my house is in shambles im not doing my requirements for workfirst cause keep loosing them and i just dont know how to get organized. HELP!!!!!!

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• try this website

http://flylady.net/

i know alot of moms in my moms group that use her site to get organized and clean

karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 4:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Get 3 big boxes, start in the worst room, one box is for stuff that belongs somewhere else in the house, the other is for stuff that you may or may not use in the next 30 days, & the 3rd for important papers. The rest is either garbage/recycling/GoodWill. Do that 1 room at a time, 1 closet at a time. Do it in 15-20 minute incriments- take a break- then go back to it. Separate any old bills or things that can be shredded or burned in the grill. Oh, that box of stuff you may or may not use- if you havent used it in 30 days, get rid of it! I know how overwhelming these projects can be, but you will feel so much better once you've done it. It's amazing what we accumulate! When you can see counter space again, you will keep walking in that room & admire it ! Good luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Get a few boxes and get rid of anything in your way that you dont use to clear the clutter. Make a work space on a desk or table..clean it off totally start to put the most important papers on it. Stuff that needs done that day or week. Throw away whatever you can if you have clutter. You will feel alot lighter. Open the blinds and get a walk in to give yourself energy. Write down the things you want to accomplish as you think of them on a lon tablet. Put the tablet on your desk. everyday write new things on it and cross off the things you get done. Dont get overwhelmed just try to do the top 2 or 3 each day. It may help you to seek a professional to see if you are struggling with ADD or depression. Dont give up just take it one day at a time to get things organized.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I was going to recommend flylady too!
    great website!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You can't get organized over night. However, you have already recognized that you do need to be able to set priorities better.

You see everything is not important. There is a hierarchy of importance and you might find this link helpful.

http://www.organization-makes-sense.com/how_to_set_priorities.html

Once you learn how to set priorities better your life takes on a different focus as your energies are being directed toward important things and not being drained by everything.

Priorities help you to get order and structure in your life because the most important things are ordered first. Without order and structure chaos reigns supreme and chaos is one of the biggest causes of stress and this is what you are experiencing.

http://www.organization-makes-sense.com/biggest_causes_of_stress.html
    I hope you find the links helpful.
    so_organized

Answer by so_organized at 11:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010