With everything that is going on in the world I wish more people were concerned with ____ ??

What should we as moms/women/human beings really be focusing on???

itsme0221

Asked by itsme0221 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• World hunger
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 2:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Protecting the thousands of children that suffer and die every year in this country as a result of Severe Child Abuse. I know things like Darfur are sad, but can't we put those resources to work protecting children in this country? DCS simply cannot do anything, their hands are tied by "rules and procedures". We need to start taking it into our own hands. Privately funded surveillance etc. Whatever it takes..........
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Partial birth abortion and leaving babies to die after a "failed" abortion. Sickening.
    Anonymous

• Child and animal abuse................we need more man power and money for these jobs. We also need more qualified people to do them, which more money would bring in.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think they should eliminate all government and let us all live by our own beliefs and be governed by our own religions and beliefs....Oh wait that's what we are trying to stop in Iraq isn't it.
    Anonymous

• Ourselves.
    Anonymous

• I believe we should be focusing on helping each other instead of relying on congress and the president. They have their own agendas (dems and reps) Only you can help yourself when it comes down to it. Take responsibility for you actions good and bad.
    I do however feel really strongly about child abuse, and not just by parents but by care providers as well.
    My son was nearly killed by a babysitter, SBS. Dont bash I had nnnooo idea what was going on. Any way I personally think that we should educate people about signs and symptoms of SBS. I think I might be a little bias though.
    Anonymous

• What will happen to the United States if Obama is President and the Dems take complete control of congress
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Education. Education. Education.
    I truly believe the more people are educated the less likely we are as humans to keep making the same mistakes. Child abuse, animal cruelty, world hunger, erosion, animal extinction, global warming, etc., etc..
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• stem cell research, federally funded, by the USA. it will cure many diseases and illnesses... i hope you never have to be faced with one that COULD have been cured with stem cell research.
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 4:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008