Is this normal, or should I call my doc? adult content

When I had my Mirena inserted in May it made me spot continuously for about 3 months, which is a known side effect. Well, I have all but stopped spotting but I have noticed that after every time DH and I are intimate, I spot the next day. It's the only time I am spotting now and it doesn't matter if we take it easy or not, I still bleed. Is the a normal post baby thing, or normal IUD thing? Or should I call my doc?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• I would say that it is normal, but if you are concerned, call your dr and most of the time you can at least talk to a nurse on the phone and if she can't answer your question she will go ask the dr. So putting in a phone call wouldn't hurt.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 4:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree. I think it's normal, but I'd call and talk to a nurse about this if you still feel worried.
    Stephernie88

Answer by Stephernie88 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It is normal. I have had the Mirena for 2.5 years and I still have some light spotting the next day after sex.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• its normal. anything hitting your cervix could cause spotting and the iud is something there to help that. i had mine taken out because not only was it doing that to me but the strings cut my dh's penis!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Make a phone call even if it is normal I would just to be safe. I have another iud and don't have those problems. But the brand means nothing really. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010