What have you taught your kids to call their private area?

My girls know it's vagina, but we like saying "jayjay". And my little one for some odd reason knows where and what her butt is but insists on calling it her "buddy".

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 4:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He knew Penis, but, said...Mister, Junk, Dooder, peepee, Jake the one Eyed Snake...all sorts of random crap.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• when my daughter was a little girl we use to call her private area her "bug"
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 4:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• At 3 (known since 2) she calls it her Vulva (vagina is internal organ) and she knows what her Clitoris is. Now the functions of each will be left out until she is older and needs to know. Her behind is her tush or butt.

She also knows what a penis is and testicles.

I don't believe in nicknames unless she calls them that. They are a body part just like an elbow or ear and we don't nickname them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• All 3 of my boys know they have penises. My oldest seems to get a kick out of calling his area his peanuts....
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son know its his penis, but we call it his tookie. and his butt his bo bo
    shsutterfield

Answer by shsutterfield at 4:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I taught her to say she-she because even as an adult I get uncomrtable by the word for the human sex organs... don't know why
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son is two and we call it a "wee wee."
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Penis and Vagina

I am not going to have that kid who in health class wants to fight with the teacher because they are using the proper terms and their parents have never bothered to teach them.

Why are we all so afraid of calling our private parts by their correct names? We don't make up names for our arms, legs, or nose, so why rename the Penis and Vagina?
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 4:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My sister and I both use regular names, our parents are embaressed and say pee pee or bottom. Bottom, butt, ba donk a donk... whatever we all have one but my sister and I both feel it is important to let our kids know girls and boys have different parts and be comfortable with the names.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son is two...we call it a penis and butt. My DH taught him to "flex" his pecks..so now he calls my boobs pecks and I think that is adorable. As far as vagina goes...he has never really needed a word for it yet....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010