how do you feel about gay marrige?

many people are against gay marrige ... i'm for it ...
i don't see why they shouldn't marry
i just don't like when they are all in your face
... like .. i'm gay and i'm proud ... and want everyone to accept it
you dont hear me saying i'm straight and i'm proud lol
and in the words of chris rock
"i'm for gay marrige, everyone has a right to be missable " lol

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 2:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care to be bashed for this or have the bible bashed but the bible says that men should not lay with men and vice versa.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I am a christian so I am not a fan of gay marriage. However, there are alot of things that are legal that I'm against, like drinking alcohol. So, making it legal won't affect me. Even though it's against my personal beliefs, I don't think the government should discriminate. It will have to be made legal.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 3:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My uncle is gay and I attended his wedding a few years ago, although it was a little awkward I feel love is love and why tell someone they can't show their love just like the rest of us.Ppl shouldn't try and control other aspects of other ppls lives.We all live and die, breath the same air, eat the same foods, etc.Just because someone likes and/or loves someone of the same sex doesn't make them a bad person or indifferent.Ppl act like its such a big deal.It may be against everything "right" , but are they really wrong.I've never been racist, a homophobe, or any type of judgemental and I feel living your life and being happy is what matters!
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'm completely for gay marriage. I have NO RIGHT to decide what someone else does with their own life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• honestly, I feel like I couldn't give 2 shits about whether they can or can't get married. I know it sounds crass, but its sooooooooo low on my list of priorities for politicians to worry about that it's almost annoying to think they have to waste time with this while so much other stuff is happeneing that affects all of us. and don't think it's just this, I also think there are 100's of other things that are of much less consequence right now that are wasting the time and resouces of our leaders.
    people can make wills and living trusts and living wills to solve many of the issues of lifelong partners dying and the other one being out on their ass.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I do not support gay marriage. Agree with AmandaH321.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• the bible says that men should not lay with men and vice versa.

so? don't do it then. and don't presume to use your bible to dictate how others live.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I am FULLY in support of two consenting adults being able to make their own choices about their relationships.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I do not believe in it and I don't think the government has any right to approve it or deny it as it interferes with many beliefs either way and forces everyone whether they are for it or against it to recognize something they may or may not believe in. It also because it is a law makes it an acceptable thing to teach my children, which goes against my beliefs.
    Anonymous

• I have no problem with it, honestly. I do, however have concerns with some political and policy aspects. But if 2 people are happy and they are gay, straight, bi, or whatever. Good on 'em...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008