When should you get your first u/s?

I havent had one yet and I see the doc next wends for the first time. Youd think they will do one then? I will be 14 weeks 3 days

TPT420

Asked by TPT420 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• depends on the dr... mine ordered one at 7wks and one at 20 wks
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I had one done to find out how far along I was because I didn't know, and then one at 20 weeks. I probably should have had one later on close to delivery b/c they let me go over a week, and my son was delivered at 11lbs, 6oz, 23inches long...
    Stephernie88

Answer by Stephernie88 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I got one at 8 weeks because I was cramping so bad but there wasn't much to see. The next one was at 20 weeks.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• With my first pregnancy, I had one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. With my second pregnancy I only had one at 20 weeks. It depends on the doctor (and sometimes whether you're high risk or having problems).
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 6:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i got one at 7 weeks to determine how far along i was n that i was pregnant lol....then one at 12 weeks to check on baby, then my last was at 19 weeks to check on baby and find out the gender, cant wait till my next, no clue when that will be!....im 21 weeks 4 days now
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 7:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I had my first at 6 weeks then at 12 weeks, at 18 weeks, at 22 weeks, at 26 weeks, at 30 weeks, at 32 weeks and I am currently in my 33rd week and will be having one this week actually tomorrow morning. And then I will have one every week until i deliver. But this is all because of my age which makes me high risk. I also have a very high volume of amniotic fluid with my pregnancies because I have 10lb. babies.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010