Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Bumps

We are moving out of this town !!!

First I would like to say I have never been " in trouble" before ( not even a traffic ticket). A year ago we got this house and have fixed it into a nice place, a place where we thought we could raise our children & I was wrong.

This morning as we were outside ( I was standing on the side of the house putting the hose away) and I heard someone talking to my 5 year old daughter ( slightly out of my view ) ... I go over and see this man telling her how pretty she is - I realize him instantly he is the old, gross, CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTOR who lives near by ( right by a preschool ) ... I say " Hey, do not talk to my daughter or come into my yard again " he said " what is that suppose to mean" I said " it means I know who you are & if you come around my child again, you will be sorry" . An hour later the cops are at MY door and I am in trouble for "threatning him", they didnt care about who HE IS or WHAT HE HAS DONE .

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Answers (15)
  • wow! i would go to the district attorney and file a complaint against the officer who came out and said it was fine for a child molester to be talking to your 5 year old daughter! in most states it is illegal for a child molester to be anywhere neer anyoneunder 18!

    Answer by cassie_m at 4:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Awwww. I'm so sorry! I can see why you'd want to get out of there. You didn't say anything that you wouldn't have said to anyone who wandered into your yard.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • That's ridiculous, you were protecting your child! They werent there to do it- you were! So are you being charged with anything- or just a verbal warning- like you gave the creep?

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • There are laws about how close to a school a convicted child molester can live. If he was in your yard, then he was trespassing. I would call the chief of police or the sheriff and find out what's going on. That's pretty scary!

    Answer by toobigfrogs at 4:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • You are moving for that? Of course it is totally understanble that you are upset but I wouldn't give up your nice home over that.

    Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I agree with TooBigFrogs

    Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I wouldn't move, either. I would go down and pitch a fit to the chief of police.

    Answer by lovinangels at 5:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • By moving your giving him more power then he deserves. Educating yourself and making it known your onto him ect, can make a difference. Get involved in bringing awareness to your community.If he wasn't in town someone else would be. We have 14+ sex offenders around us and I'm in the country. I know exactly where each lives and we had safety rules set with the kids while they were going up. Also, it doesn't matter what this man has done. You threatened him, he has a right to report it. We all have rights even if we've done something wrong. I know many times it seems as if one shouldn't, but people do have rights. Sometimes, Cops are caught in between, they're doing a job to serve and protect, even the creepy, perverts. I agree with the other, go speak with the Chief of Police. Ours happens to live next to us, which is very convenient. Be STRONG!

    Answer by lioness3e at 7:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • First of all my Sweet Friend you need to be Absolutely Sure he is a Petafile and if this is Fact I would go to a Higher Source like your State Senotor or News Paper and let them know that The Police Doesnt seem to get things done especially when it concearns Children..People in the Comunity were you live need to know exactly how Law inforcement Deals with Problems or should I say The Lack of .Believe me Friend.The more People know about this the More Likely the Police will be Made to do something about this Pervert.Even go to the Mayor and State your Complaint.Do they have Meetings at the City Hall were Citizens get to Confront the City Council Members with Issues that involve the People an other Bussiness or the Police and well Being of the Community..Go talk to them now before Someone elses Child Becomes the Unlucky Victim of this Monster

    Answer by Darlasuttles at 10:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I think you should stand your ground. There are a lot of child perpetrators that aren't on that registry. You have every right to be a protective parent and voice your concerns on larger level.

    Answer by socialworker227 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.