Do you want tax relief for those making less than 250,000?

Should we pass this now and debate extending tax cuts for the wealthy 3% later?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 4:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My organization went from approximately 50 EE's to approximately 100 EE's smack dab in the middle of The Great Recession!!!
    If you offer something that people need or really want you won't have to lay people off even if you have to pay a little more in taxes to even things out!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I support the idea of the Flat Tax!

EVERYONE pays a scaled PERCENTAGE of their taxable income ABOVE the IRS poverty line. If for example everyone paid 10% income tax, and say your TAXABLE INCOME was $20,000 per year, you would pay $2,000 in taxes, whereas the TAXABLE INCOME on $250,000 would be $25,000!

I think if EVERYONE paid their "fair share" we would be able to address the deficit. Right now, nearly 50% of taxpayers do not pay income taxes or are entitled to a FULL REFUND each April. This is what is tipping the balance in this country and it is NOT sustainable!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think the cuts should be extended for all but I am one of the vile people who make over 250k a year. If our taxes are raised we will cut expenses in our business which means a couple people will lose their jobs. In our area you can't find a job so it would really hurt to have to do that to someone.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 5:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes!!! Personally I think it's a no-brainer- and these politicans need to stop over thinking things and go back to good old fashioned common sense and fairness!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I support the idea of the Flat Tax!

I think if EVERYONE paid their "fair share" we would be able to address the deficit. Right now, nearly 50% of taxpayers do not pay income taxes or are entitled to a FULL REFUND each April. This is what is tipping the balance in this country and it is NOT sustainable!! "

^^^^^^THIS!!!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I 100% agree with you Lori. But that isn't going to happen right now. So are you against passing a tax cut for the middle class?

***
    Of course not! I support tax cuts for ALL tax brackets (well, the brackets that are supporting those without a bracket, anyway!!)...since there is absolutely no federal accountability of taxes collected! If the feds get their spending under control and can show SOME degree of accountability, then I would happily fork over my FAIR SHARE! Until then, I will continue to grumble every April!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I really want the almost 50% of people who pay NO NET INCOME TAX to pay their fair share.

They get all the services that taxpayers get (public education, roads, etc.,.) just because they exist?

Free ride.

That's what we need.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I want tax relief for everyone. There is a class "warfare" that is being started that is calculated with a foreseen outcome - wealth distribution. This vilification of the wealthy is deliberate. Hate the rich. (yes, they want us to hate) No thank you. I don't want anything a wealthy person has earned. I don't believe in stealing from anyone. Let the rich have the same advantages of tax relief that I get. I am not more deserving of relief than another. If I am having financial problems, I have 2 choices - want less or make more. None of my choices involve stealing money from someone just because that person has more money than me. No, provide tax relief for all tax paying citizens.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's those a the tip top (billionaires) and those at the bottom who are the problem. The rest is just the bulk- Let's deal with the billionaires and the scam artists first. There's a whole lot of room between 251, 000 and several hundred million-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• So the Dems want to tax small businesses more, which will keep them from hiring folks and re-investing in their companies; which will allow the gvt to keep paying unemployment... makes all kinds of sense, huh?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010