Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Social worker with MA in Human Service?

Can i be a social worker if I have a master's in Human Services and a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice? I see alot of social worker positions but most ask for a social work degree.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • pretty sure that would be a negative

    Answer by norasmama at 6:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Not usually. Usually to be a social worker you have to have a BSW or MSW. You could be a case manager or a case worker though.

    Answer by SherriPie at 8:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I suspect that you need a MSW

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • It might depend on the hiring manager. You could always apply to the job anyway.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.