how can i get my toddlers to eat

I know kids go through stages, and they will eat when theyre hungry but.... my 1 year old twin boys have had no appitite lately!!!

they barely ever eat lunch anymore.
usually they'll only eat an okay meal once a day
i think they drink too much milk from a bottle (bad habit, I know)

I'm only concerned because their bowel movements are very dry/crummy. and they go all the time, just a little bit each time, all throughout the day. I feel like theyre poopy at each diaper change, with just a few "marbles" in there.

how can I get them to eat?
whats with their BM's?

thaanks

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You don't just offer healthy and they will eventually eat. They WILL NOT starve. Give them lots of water and no juice or much milk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my daughter is 20 months old and she is in the "grazing" stage is what the dr's say but they just told me to make sure when she is eating it's something that gets her nutrients lately she will eat a cereal bar they are super soft and come in several different flavors. I would possibly call the dr about their bm's b/c they may have to be on something to soften them up and could just be what they are eating to make them that way. as long as they are not white and they are not having trouble going they should be ok. Good luck!
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• They sound constipated. Milk can constipate you. Ask your pedi what s/he recommends to get the bowels loose and moving. They will probably start eating a little better.
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 5:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think most kids go through this. Give them water more than milk and that should help with the bowel trouble
    cbearsgirl

Answer by cbearsgirl at 5:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would give them a little bit of juice each day and dried fruits are great for helping with the constipation. As for getting them to eat, good luck! I have a 2.5 year old "picky eater". The only time she eats most of all of her meals is when she's having a growth spurt. All you can do is offer foods, I would offer several things at one meal (ie...a veggie, a fruit, a meat or pasta) As for them not being interested in the food, maybe you could make fruits into shapes or even chicken nugget shapes. Good luck! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• ok first off the poop thats a key sign of dehydration so lots of water or heck even a watered down soft drink would work. as long as they drink and lots of it and as for the food try a little bit of different things kids go through these stages where they dont want what they usually like heaven knows we go thru that around here so just offer a little here and a little there and it really doesnt matter what it is right now as long as you get somethin on the belly pickles was a big hit for my cousin when he went through his stage hope this helps
    CheyCheysMom

Answer by CheyCheysMom at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010