my SIL is insane! (vent)

so my in-laws are in town so we have to see all the family this week! well my SIL has 7 kids and one on the way all a year apart and lives in a 2 bedroom trailer! she is on state everything! well today while we were talking she gave her 10 month old son a coke in his bottle! it wasnt watered down or nothing!! i couldnt believe it! she said she has done that with all her kids its fine! u have got to be kidding me! no wonder they run around like monkeys!! i wouldnt dream of giving our daughter a soda at least until she is 5 ish if that! sorry no real question just saying she is insane! thanks for letting me vent!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• holy cow! She's not exactly mother of the year is she?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I didn't think people actually did that...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Holy shit!!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• whoa
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have seen that a lot and I have seen the one under 12 months with chocolate whole milk. Oh, and not just cokes, Mountain Dew.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• wowwww that is so stupid. i know a lot of people who let their toddlers have soda and its horrible. I recently stopped drinking soda myself. no one should drink it, it is so bad. the only reason babies...children... ANYONE eats or drinks anything is for NUTRITION. soda has NO nutrional value, what the hell is the point in drinking it.
    omg that sickens me.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Although that is sad, Just focus on your kids and how you raise them. Do your best, and your kids will excel.
    I dont give my DD sugar, soda, junk food, or fast food. I am really into teaching her ABC's, 123, words and she is only 16 months old. But she is LEARNING. And some people think that I am crazy to raise her that way and to expect so much from her.
    But, to each his/her own.
    Focus on your kids, and in 10 years, they difference between your kids and hers will be very apparent.
    :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It bugs me to no end when I see parents giving their kids soda, but especially when it's a toddler! My friend does that and I bite my tongue not to say anything (I don't get to see her outside of work however anymore since she moved, so maybe she stopped--doubt it). I get mad when DH gives our son a sip of soda. I will not allow him to get addicted to it the way I used to be and the way DH is.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That is so sad. That isn't doing anything to help decrease the population of people who develop heart disease or diabetes. It's really sad that a mother is that lazy to give her child soda. My parents never gave us soda, and now as an adult I barely ever drink it. There's nothing good about it, so children are better off not ever having it in the first place :) I feel very sorry for your SIL kids :-(
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 6:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh wow. I've seen some horrible things, but giving the baby coke? That is horrible! Why don't some people think about what's best for their children, not what is most convenient for them?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 9:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010