Need ideas for healty snacks while dieting

Everytime I try to lose weight, my appetite kicks in since I need to limit my intake (calories). What can I eat all day long that won't hinder my progress?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ice burg lettuce!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like those little laughing cow light cheese wedges on cocopops. Those are the multigrain puffed snack that some grocery stores carry. They have a machine that shoots them out. Each one has fifty calories (with the cheese on it)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My go to snack is cucumbers and hummas.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 5:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i LOVE the chocolate rice cakes, the 100 calorie snacks, apple slices ( they feel more like a snack when sliced ) theres a 50 cal per cup of trail mix you can make which is 1 cup cheerios, 1/4 cup peanuts, /2 raisins 1/4 cup cranberries - mix then all up it should be about 2 servings and gives you the sweet/salty mix needed. I also snack on bags of snow peas or snap peas which is better than it sounds.. add lemon juice to water and it will increase your metabolism,... using apple cider vinegar as salad dressing will also increase your metabolism - good luck - we are currently as of today, starting a biggest loser at my work and although I've lost 20 lbs already, I am aiming for 25 more to be at my goal..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Bell pepper slices, celery, cucumber, apple
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like apples in yogurt dip. I have a recipe for a good PB yogurt dip to!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• OOOO But_Mommie I want the recipe please!
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm a popcorn freak, takes a little adjusting to go with the light stuff but it does satisfy. I also find that when I'm in a hurry and really needing somehting, just a spoon full of peanut butter works wonders. The fiber really helps it to stick to your gut and keep you from getting muchies again before meal time and there's lots of protein and potassium in one spoonful. Also I love humus! Dip veggies, pretsel sticks, whatever in it. Super yummy!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 5:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh and I get teh bags of frozen soy beans (edamamme) and steam them up with a little salt and just munch on those!!!!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 5:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh so easy!! And kids like it to, so BONUS! lol.

1/4 cup PB (I use natural)
    1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use greek)
    1-2 tablespoons of honey (I use wildflower)
    2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon or to taste.
    Blend well.

It's sweet but it's not horrible for you. I love it on apples and pretzels!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010