How do you keep your marrige 'alive'?

what do you do to keep things fresh and new. How do you not fall into that comfortable rut where nothing happens... and how do you get out of it? I love my Dh I just miss that dating feeling. You know first date jitters the excited to see him when he rings the bell...It's been almost 7 years and we have a long way to go. :0) How do I make things new again?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• 25 years and very much "Alive".. lol
    1) Make our interpersonal relationship (that man/woman relationship) a priority in our lives.
    2) Always make time, even if it's just 15 minutes at night, for the 2 of us. This time is just for the 2 of us, and is solely about the 2 of us. No bills, no dailies, no kid/family issues... etc.. It's the time for the 2 of us to connect, focus, and "be" just the 2 of us.
    3) Show each other on a regular basis that we: love, desire, want, appreciate, admire, respect, and adore each other. Whether that's with little actions (holding hands, opening doors, a flirty smile), to big things (gifts, nights out,..etc) we always make it a point to show each other how much we love and appreciate each other.
    4) Great sex.!!!!!
    5) We date, we flirt, we make out, we hold hands, we giggle, we dance in the kitchen while cooking dinner...etc.. We actively show our love, and act on it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• 17 years this December.....

Have you had "date Nights"? I think they really help. make sure you are spending some time just the 2 of you.
    Offer to do nice things, simple things. Make him a lunch, include a personal note in it. Go out to lunch during the work day. Give him a massage for no reason. ..............
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We write cards/notes./flowers for no occasion - thank each other for every chore we do around the house or yard to each other - tell each other daily we are so lucky and love each other - take our time and US time once our son goes to bed, he usually misses out on sleep to do so since he works nights but he never stops wanting to.. we will be together 14 years in Dec. He loves when I make him lunch and he will make me dinners on nights he can -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Have sex and spend time apart.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Date nights are few and far between but we do go sometimes. Sex just isn't my thing. (I know I know) I just feel like I am so second rate anymore. Like he still loves me but we have become room mates almost. lol. I dunno, I can't explain it. It's not like I 'm trying to save an marriage just make it back the way ot was when we first got married. That whole newly wed thing.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree with the above posters about date night and sex. I notice that when me and hubby have a date night 2-3 times a month we seem to get along better. Things don't seem as tense. Also we have sex all over the house not just the bedroom. We have 3 kids but still can manage to be spontanous.
    marblesnuk

Answer by marblesnuk at 6:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We go on dates once in a while and we try new thingsin and out of the bed ;)
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010