Christian Wives: What do you believe is ok within a marriage??? adult content

As a Christian, if you and your also Christian husband enjoyed porn, mastrubation, or romance novels that depict sex would you be ok with that remaining something that you do?

My husband enjoys porn once in a while and I like sexy novels but it really is because it makes us think sexually and get ready for each other. We are open with each other about it and we are both comfortable with it.Is that wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As long as there isn't lust for what you are seeing/reading, then it's not wrong. You both consent to it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• "as long as there isn't lust", LOL, what do you think porn and romance novels promote?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Why don't you ask your priest or minister. Let us know what his take is on it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I lust for my husband, even if I see it in porn or read it in a "smoochie book". Its healthy to want to be with your husband and enjoy it. You will find that people who are telling everyone they are this devout christian strict religious family, are telling you one thing with their lips but something different is going on behind that bedroom door. "Thou shalt not judge"... remember?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• ur married so that should be ok....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I can't tell you what to be comfortable with, but personally we don't have any of that within our marriage. That's just our decision ,our preference. Others are free to make their own choice.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• "the marriage bed undefiled"...by looking at porn you're technically having someone else in your bed, when it's just supposed to be you and your husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i wonder about this too. sometimes i need some stimulation and lately have been thinking of ordering a movie on adult channel but i also feel guilty at the same time. i know that my bishop would say it's wrong-hands down. so what should i do. well i have decided that i'm not going to go that route. it has been really hard lately. satan is really working on me. sometimes we think that if we bend the rules here or there it's ok but then it leads to bending the rules in other places just cause we don't see the harm in them. all we can do is decide just how faithful we want to be in keeping the commandments to god. keeping them no matter how light of the situation like this where no personal harm may come only helps you to learn to do other things that we shouldn't do. it's growing your testimony in christ and his gospel. showing our faith in him. satan has a way of making things seem innocent enough & we make excuses for them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think to many people put a big deal on this stuff. It is not bad to do. Now wishing it was that person is bad, but just watching, readin etc. it really causes no harm.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't have nor have I ever had porn in my home. I really didn't need it and things were more than fine. It's a personal choice not a religious one. I sure have no problem with adults having porn in the home if that's what is mutually agreed upon.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010