How long do I cook this pork tenderloin?

Ok here's the recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Herb-Roasted-Pork-Loin-and-Potatoes/Detail.aspx
It calls for bnls pork loin roast - I could not find that at the store so I got pork tenderloin... I thought it was the same thing but my dad used to work for a meat company and said it was different... I didn't want to call the butcher & go thru all that with having him custom cut me something b/c my girl was with me and getting antsy.
1st of all: will pork tenderloin work?
2nd of all: I bought 1/2 the poundage the recipe calls for. This website has a nifty feature where you can adjust the amount of an ingredient and it changes the rest of the ingredients accordingly... but it doesn't change the cook time. Do I cut the cook time in 1/2 too? I don't have a meat thermometer to tell when it's done.
Sorry.. I know there's a lot of balls up in the air with this one. <:)

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think you will be fine with your cut of meat. I would cut back the time some and check it. Cut into it with a knife right in the middle. The juices should run clear. If it's not clear then continue to cook for another 10 min repeat until you have clear juices.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Groovy. That's what I was gonna do but I'm afraid I'll overcook. :P
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• A pork tenderloin should cook in 40 mins or so, maybe less. I'd check it after 30 mins.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's about 2.5 lbs, I just cut into it a bit ago and it still looked ever-so-slightly bloody so I'm waiting a bit longer. It's been in about an hour at 350. Maybe I'll take it out... will it cook a little still after taken out of the oven?
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nevermind it's done. Maybe a tad on the dry side, but thanks for your help ladies!! :)
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010