have you ever accidently hurt your child?

a few minutes ago I went to move my toddler out from under the computer desk and I bumped his head on the bottom and then again on the edge as I was pulling him up to my lap to comfort him!! :C I felt SO bad. :C

I feel so bad for my babies, having such a klutzy mom :P

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's nothing. I shut my middle daughter's head in the sliding van door once (she was about 5 at the time). We were at the beach and she was supposed to be standing next to me while I got the stuff out of the van. As soon as I pulled (and I pulled hard) on the door to close it, she decided to stick her head in there to tell me about something (a shovel I think) that I had forgotten and before I could halt the door, it slammed on her head. I was horrified and thought for sure that I had killed her. She was screaming and and I was screaming and luckily she was okay- no blood, only bumps and bruises. I will NEVER forget that.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I hit my DD head regularly while loading her into the car. Yes I said regularly. I really hope I don't knock her brain loose! I don't hit it hard!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• OMG! I would have lost it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I once shut the van door on my sons finger he was only 3, I can't tell you how horrible I felt!!

You're not alone, *hugs*
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• those who say they haven't, are total liers lol. either that, or their kid is still a baby and have yet to know what they will do lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• OMG IhartU, I would have just died! I probably would have been a wreck for the rest of the day if that happened. :( :( :( Poor kiddo, and poor mama!!!

I've definitely had a lot of accidents with my kids, it's awful. One of the worst (that has happened more than once!) is taking a corner too sharply when I'm holding my youngest DD and whacking her head on the corner of a doorjamb! I swear, I should pad every corner in my house.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• @aliceryannesmom, omg i know i do that all the time!! i want to get them helmets XD
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I knocked my baby over when she was like 16 months old and still wobbly when she ran :( She was chasing my mom's dog through the house and I tried to move out of her way, and she tried to dodge me, we collided. I almost cried, but she didn't even seem to notice lol. I've bumped her head a few times, too. She's (thankfully) as hard headed as her father, though, so she never seemed to notice that, either.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010