Has anyone done the cayenne pepper diet?

My friend just posted shes trying it and its some ten day cleanse. Does it actually work? She said you don't eat for ten days. You just make this lemonade and drink it.

http://www.cayennepepperdietblog.com/likes/mastercleanse/

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• After doing research for a while I have found that fasting is a good way to clean out your body in general, so I suppose it would work, I dont imagine that you would permanitly loose weight, unless you completely change your diet afterwards, a fast that long will slow your metabolism a lot, and what you eat after will just go right back on your body. I have never fasted, just read studies that point to it being a good way to detox, but if you are really toxic, it can be dangerous because your body starts releasing all that stuff thats been being kept in your body. Can have some negative side effects. Plus it would take a heck of a lot of willpower.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 6:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I've heard of this, but never tried it. I think it sounds like a terrible thing to do to your body. There are other ways to do a big "cleanse" without making yourself ill (which I highly suspect this would do). How about a diet of veggies, water, whole grains, and low-fat/high protein sources like fish?
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yep. I tried this twice. I really don't recommend it. For one, our bodies are hard wired to not starve ourselves. So it's hard as hell to not eat when there is food about. lol. Second, even though the concoction dosen't taste that bad, both times by the end of the first day i was throwing up. And lemon juice and cayenne pepper is NOT the best thing to throw up. I was dizzy and nauseated. I stopped at day 1 the first time. I made it 2 days the second time and lost 3 pounds but I just couldn't take it anymore. Fasting is harder than it seems and the toll it takes on your body just sucks. It won't hurt to try and good luck to you. But I just couldn't do it!!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 6:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't think I'm going to try it. I love eating to much. lol I'm just curious what shes doing. thanks tho!
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010