Pregnant & fighting an illness/cold what can I take if anything? plz HELP

My 3 1/2 year old woke up congested & cranky today. And I can tell my body is fighting a cold off too. I feel like CRUD. Not that pregnancy doesn't already make you feel that way. I'm 7 weeks pregnant by the way. I have a head ache, sneezing, and the overall feeling of weakness. I'm nauseous too which I'm normally not. Is there anything I can take to feel better? I'm taking my prenatal vitamin & making homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. (even tho I don't feel like cooking anything)

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 6:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At 7 weeks you should call you OB thay can give you a 'safe' list. They may have it on their web site if they have one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree call your OB they will be able to tell you what is safe and what isn't.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Keep taking your prentals, drink lots of water, get plenty of rest, I don't remeber all the meds you can take while pregnant, but I tylenol is all right and some type of sudifed ( can't remeber which one though)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't have an OB yet. I haven't gone b/c I have no insurance. I should find out if I'm approved for medicaid in a couple days.
    momoflilangel

Comment by momoflilangel (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• im 7 months pregnant iv had the same problem just went the other day to my ped he told me over the counter zertec is okay to take he also wrote me an antibiotic im not big on taking meds while preg but he said its not safe for baby so i took the zertec felt tons better call the pharmacist and he can give u other ideas i did that when i was sick before i had a ob GL
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as you girl (only i'm 10 weeks), and I am trying to fight it off all natural - I know there are some "safe" meds, but I am trying my hardest not. Tea's and soups work, and water with cucumber, ginger and lemon sooths the throat. good luck, feel better!
    Raindrp999

Answer by Raindrp999 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I know it suck to be sick and pregnant but you can take Tylenol and Benadryl for sure other then that drink LOTS and get lots of rest
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 11:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I COULD TAKE TYLENOL COLD AND TYLENOL SINUS. AND IT HELPED ALOT. I WAS SUPER SUPER SUPER SICK. I COULDNT BREATHE.CONGESTED. HEADACHES.RUNNY NOSE. JUST EVERYTHING. AND THAT HELPED ALOT ONCE I TOOK IT. AND I TOOK THE NIGHT TYLENOL TO HELP ME SLEEP IT WORKED WONDERS :)
    mauricellaf

Answer by mauricellaf at 12:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• drink lots of fluids to help flush it from your system
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I ended up taking 2 regular strength Walgreens brand Tylenol & felt much better.
    momoflilangel

Comment by momoflilangel (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010