Oh my i am going to lose my Mind!!! (vent sorry ladies)

Ok here is the deal my dh work's from 7 am to 4 pm, then he comes home and fall's to sleep on the couch, till supper time, then he eats his supper , and goes out!! I mean i can't even get any help, I haven't been out of the house in over a month and i am totally going crazy!!! I told him that i don't think it is fair that he don't help out around the house or help with our dd or even take us out places....he say's well if ya wants to go out walk to the top of the hill...i am like omg,.....I am going to lose my mind something is going to have to be done because i don't no how much more of this i can handle!
I am sorry ladies but i just had to vent and get it out there so i would not have it all bottled up inside!!
I love our dd to death and would not trade her for the world, but boy oh boy haven't my dh changed since we have had her! I don't know what i am going to do, i think i might move out, i am raising our dd alone anyway

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG... I am sorry you are dealing with that!!! That sounds like a lot on you!!! Maybe sit down and talk to him super seriously..... Or when he gets home, get in the car with DD, and as you are leaving tell him he is on his own for dinner, and yall go to a park or something!!
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 6:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Why don't you switch it up a bit... When he comes home, tell him you have some errands to run or a place to go, or maybe you are headed out for something with your friends. Just leave then, return after supper. If he hasn't fed the kids, you can do it when you come back. But I'd stick him with it at least twice a week. You need to get out, you are an adult, and he needs to be a parent!!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• sounds like he is absent from the relationship... a couple years ago i was having problems of a completely different nature with the hubby and went to counseling... my counselor hit me with a real eye opener when she said i wasn't married... she explained this by asking me what marriage was, at which point i realized what i was in at the time was not a marriage according to my definition. at that point, i was able to see things alot differently as to how i needed to go about solving the problems... without getting into any more detail, just let that soak in for a little while and see if it helps your perspective the way it did mine.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm so sorry. Sometimes men take longer to settle down and appreciate family life than we do. My husband and I went through this for a few years when we were first together, and there were times I felt like I couldn't take it. If it helps any, he did settle down, and really come to appreciate family life and our marriage. We've been married 22 years now.

Good Luck, wish I could actually be some help.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• All you can do is let him know how you feel. It really sucks that he isn't helping. I would say don't make any rash decisions about moving out right now. Just try really sitting down and talking with him. I
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 6:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• if it were me,. i would hand him your daughter when he gets home. go out andcome back at dinner time and ask him whats for dinner??? im STARVING.

ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You can always cut off the sex and stop making his meals or washing his clothes until he decides he wants to be a co-parent and husband. That would be what I would do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would just leave when he gets home.
    marblesnuk

Answer by marblesnuk at 6:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Hey, find out where your husband is going. Then after he's been there for about a half hour, go drop your dd off with him and tell him you have places to go and things to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am sorry, I can TOTALLY understand why you need to vent! :( I would be going nuts too.

I wish I had good advice, but the other ladies already said what I was thinking: the best you can do is keep letting him know how you feel, and get out of the dang house any way possible, because you need a break!! If there is anything that you're taking care of for him - laundry, dishes, cooking, etc - I say stop doing it and tell him you need help or you'll stop everything altogether!

Maybe you could take apart the sofa and spray it with Febreze..."oh sorry, honey, the sofa's being cleaned. Guess you'll have to help me instead of nap!" ;-)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010