Periods after IUD Removal

Okay, so I had my IUD removed on Tuesday 10/14 and this morning started bleeding like I was having a period. But my question is, are you suppose to start bleeding so soon after the removal, would this be considered a period, or what? I'm very confused about this, and I didn't see my regular doctor, {he was on vacation} andI have plenty of questions, so if anyone knows about this, help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

SuprMom12042702

Asked by SuprMom12042702 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i don't anything for sure. (i am having mine taken out on Dec. 1st) but i have heard that it is possible to get your period that soon. good luck!!
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 4:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• just as you may have had implantation bleeding, you may have removal bleeding, it may possibly be a period but depending on the flow it may just be spotting
    jessiecrafty1

Answer by jessiecrafty1 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I had mine removed on 9/9 I started bleeding on 9/11 it was very light and lasted three days on 10/11 I got my period again it lasted 3 days and was very light also. I also hadn't gotten my period in about 9 yrs. due to pregnancy DEPO and IUD. so I was suprised it came back regular and so soon. Hope this helps
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008