What can I give my son?

Right now, my 9 year old has a low grade fever. I checked all the childrens tylenol/motrin in my house & it was either expired or recalled :( I went to the store to find that there are no tylenol/motrin on the shelves except for the adult version. I've tried to give him an adult motrin a few months ago & he couldnt swallow it, so that wont work. What can I give him to try to reduce his fever?

luvmyboys2

Asked by luvmyboys2 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did you ask the pharmacist? I think some stuff in kept behind the counter even though it's over the counter. :)
    jen282

Answer by jen282 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Have you talked to his pediatrician? My son is 8 years old and 110 pounds, 5' tall. Our pedi. said we could give him an adult tablet of Tylenol cut in half and alternate Motrin. Also, try to put cold compresses on his forehead. And make sure you keep him hydrated. Try popsicles like the pedialyte brand.
    Good luck and I hope he gets to feeling better soon.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 6:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No, I didnt go to the pharmacy...I ran out to get milk & was at the opposite end of town
    luvmyboys2

Comment by luvmyboys2 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• crush the pill up in some apple sauce, my mom did that for me when i was little
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Go to the Drug Store or Grocery store and ask the Pharmacist for the store brand replacements for Tylenol & Motrin. The Store brands work the same and they keep them behind the counter at the Pharmacy.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• if it's low grade I wouldn't give him anything until it's an actual fever if it gets there at all. hope he feels better soon
    KayMMIV

Answer by KayMMIV at 6:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010