My Kindergarter is bored....

My 5 year old comes home and tells me she is bored at school.
I have taught her quite abit at home and i also have voluenteered in her class and everything they have done so far she's know since she was 3.
i could see why she is bored.
Should i bring it to the teacher's attention, schedule a parent/teacher confrence, or let it go the class will eventually pick up to her pace???

nolaero

Asked by nolaero at 6:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• talk to her teacher! my brother was the same way. they tested his iq and found it above normal , maybe they can find away to challenge her. also, if she can comprend what it means (sounds like she could) explain to her why she is bored. let her know, not all of the kids in her class knows what she knows and they have to teach it to everyone to make sure everyone knows. let her know its important that she listens, maybe she can help her friends learn.... etc etc... something like that.

maybe you can try and get her a scholarship to a private school/program or something like that?
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• above average (not above normal) ******
    ElsaSalsaaa

• I would definitely speak to her teacher. Maybe the teacher will give her something more of a challenge once she is aware that she is bored.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 6:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My daughter is the same way. She is bored .so she been getting in trouble alot . In these day and ages the classes are over crowed with over 25+ kids today . Unless you put your kid in private school ,things are not going to change.
    Blue1212

Answer by Blue1212 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• maybe the teacher can take her to the grade one class for things like reading or math, that may make her day more interesting.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My daughter was like that too. What I did was volunteer in the classroom and take the 'above average' kids to do reading while the teacher was still teaching ABC's to the kids that didn't know them yet. My group of kids were reading books and taking tests on the computer about the books. I also worked with her more at home with things that she was interested in.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• What are they doing in the classroom?
    What kind of school/philosophy is it?
    Have you considered other options?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• wow maybe she is too smart she likes challenge...
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 10:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Talk to her teacher.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• talk to the teacher...if shes already well advanced the others she needs the challenge to continue to learn. they may be able to move her to 1st grade or give her more challenging work
    free2beeme39

Answer by free2beeme39 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2010