My friend is having a girl and naming her:

Miranda. A nice name BUT her sons are Rhys and Alister. Doesn't Miranda just not fit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Baby Names

• I like the name. But I'm partial to it. I love Shakespeare! And my name is Marinda.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• huh. lol I never cared for the name. But it is nice. I love the boys names!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Rhys and Alister sound Irish to me, but I don't know that for sure. Miranda is Latin, but it was created by Shakespeare for "The Tempest". I'm not fond of the name Miranda, but if that is what she intends to name the child, it will fit their family eventually.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 6:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My friend is going to name her baby Marissa and I don't like that either. But what can you do? Once she is here I'm sure it will fit.
    jen282

Answer by jen282 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like them. They go enough. I have a friend and her kids are named: Tyler Wayne, Rhett Garrison, Dawson Alexander and Andrew Cannon. Those don't go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• NO I like it. I just though it was odd she pick such a normal name in comparison. lol. The name most Def. fits her family though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• well, do they all HAVE to fit? I really like the name! Your so funny!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 6:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yeah, I don't understand all these questions of "Do the names go together?" Each child is an individual and I don't think their names should be chosen to fit together.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 7:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i've never been a fan of the name Miranda, so on that fact alone, i would dislike it... LOL
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 7:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like Miranda way better than those other names, I don't even know how to prononce them
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010