Has anyone ever gotten a ticket for having a license plate cover on.

1muffin

Asked by 1muffin at 3:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Got pulled over for it but luckily just got away with a warning :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I was riding with a group of friends and we got pulled over because he had like a chain link liscense plate cover around the outside.They searched us for whatever reason, which had nothing to do with the liscense plate, but yeah it happened.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• the say that at night it can cause a glare that would make it hard for them to read the plate
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• any cover that obscures ANY PART of the plate in Texas is illegal. My son thought is was B.S..and he had one on. Got pulled over 150 bucks later. That was a lot of money for a juinor working at a fish restaurant
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Yes, my fiancee did, we are in California... he also got a ticket for tinted windows.
    MiasMama123

Answer by MiasMama123 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Have a friend who had one that had lights around the outside. Apparently you can only have certain colors here (so they say) and she got a ticket for it. I know several are illegal and most states because they obscure the license plate in some way.

Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 10:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2008