What are some activities i can do with my 19 month old?

My daughter has been really bad latley and i think it has something to do with her being so bored. So shes been getting into everything. Plus my mom has 3 month old triplets so shes not getting alot of attention. So what are some things we can do together so shes not so bored.

mommyofone32408

Asked by mommyofone32408 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Crayons. Yes, she will try to eat them. So what? They are non-toxic.
    Playdoh. Yes, she will try to eat them... again, non-toxic.
    Fill a metal baking pan with uncooked oatmeal, beans, or rice. Give her a couple of measuring cups to pour and dump with.
    Get a CD of silly songs, learn the words, and have music time with her.
    Pile all the sofa cushions in a big pile in the middle of the floor and let her climb on them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Here's something you can do with her. Get a great big piece of paper, big enough for her whole body to fit on it. Have her lie down and trace her body. After you're done you can let her color it in!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You can also do the tracing thing outside with sidewalk chalk. My 2 year old loves that!!! Then she tries to do me. Ha!

Also, look into whether your town or city has a program called Parents As Teachers. Just google it. They give you monthly handouts of ideas to do with your child based on how many months old your child is. They do alot of other stuff also, but that's what came to mind when I read your question. Message me if you have any questions about the program. The one in our area is pretty great!
    mmw1053

Answer by mmw1053 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Thanks for the answers even though I didnt' ask the question. Thanks for asking the question, too!!! I was running out of ideas myself. Some of the ideas that have worked for me are wagons and toys that she can pull around. Turn it into a treasure hunt. Give her familiar things to go find and give her a prize when she finds them all.

Wooden train and tracks are fun too. Don't think that girls only like girl things. Trains, cars and other things are just as fun.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2008